Dedicated Chicago Illinois Family Law Attorney
Call our office at: 708-459-8234
Our practice is focused exclusively on family law issues and cases. We are an affordable, experienced firm that will represent you with patience, guidance, information, and educate you so that you can make the best decisions possible. Our goal, first and foremost, is to make sure that you are in the best place possible after your issue and case is resolved.
Our attorney's background is far superior to most family law attorneys. A University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign undergraduate degree in mathematics. A law degree, also from UIUC. UIUC was ranked in the top twenty law schools in the country from 1984 to 1987.
Work experience at Baker & McKenzie in Chicago and at Ancel, Glink, et. al. doing litigation work in municipal, state and federal courts. Extensive appellate court experience with never a loss at the appellate level.
When complicated financial issues arise, when competent research is needed to succeed in court, when good writing must fully and persuasively be presented to the court on your behalf, you can count on us.
Our office will represent your interests with respect to:
- Premarital or Prenuptial Agreements: We can draft a premarital agreement that will be customized for you. Avoid protracted divorce litigation. Safeguard your estate plan. Avoid the anguish of negotiating how to divide your property upon divorce. Have those issues settled from the beginning. Pre-civil union agreements afford the same benefits as a premarital agreement.
- Civil Unions: Whether you are in a same sex relationship or a heterosexual relationship, civil unions are now the law in Illinois. Find out what this law means for you now and in case of a divorce.
- Divorce: Divorce involves more than just signing the papers. Important decisions regarding finances, property division, child custody, child support and maintenance (alimony) must also be made.
- Child custody: We will advocate for custody and parenting time (visitation) arrangements that keep the best interests of the child in mind, while protecting your rights as a parent.
- Custody and support modifications: We work closely with clients seeking, or fighting against, modification of custody and support orders.
- Collaborative practice and mediation: Individuals considering divorce have options, through collaborative practice and mediation, that can avoid the cost and anguish of protracted litigation. Let us work with you to develop a strategy that can accomplish your goals more quickly, cost-effectively and amicably.
- Divorce Mediation: Mediation is an efficient and inexpensive process designed to help people reach the best agreements for them when separating or divorcing. As a trained professional mediator, our attorney can assist you in obtaining the information you need to stay focused on the issues that must be resolved in order to separate or divorce as amicably as possible.
A Client-Focused Legal Practice
When families are dealing with divorce, child custody or other emotionally difficult issues, staying informed can make navigating the legal process a little easier. Unfortunately, many family law attorneys fail to educate their clients, who feel like they are being "kept in the dark" when it comes to the status of their case, their options, potential outcomes and the legal process generally. In our practice, we are dedicated to providing every client solid legal representation with an empathetic approach. We believe that establishing client relationships based on trust and good communication is important, because an informed client is empowered to make informed decisions.
Call our office at 708-459-8234 to schedule a free initial consultation with an Oak Park Family Law Attorney. We offer affordable rates and accept payment plans. Office hours are by appointment only. Evening and weekend appointments are available.